Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Way to set an example... Douche.




As someone who didn't personally watch the American Music Awards, I have been recently bombarded with secondhand accounts all of the new awardshow scandals that happened that night.

The talk of who wore what, and who walked down the red carpet with who gets redundant and old after about three seconds, but the shocked reactions to the live performances of the show actually interested me enough to encourage me to look them up.

After hearing from my mother what a disturbing performance American Idol winner Adam Lambert put on, I was needless to say, a bit curious.

I'll admit that while the news coverage of the performance is a bit exaggerated, after seeing it on youtube last night, I can't say that I don't understand what the fuss is about. I really didn't expect to see such things from a winner of a family show, but alas, there he was,  acting out bondage and blow jobs, and making out with boys on stage.

Now don't get me wrong... I'm all for having pride in your chosen team. If you're a guy that's not a huge fan of girls, I don't blame you... I'm not either. Quite frankly, I find a majority of my gender to be extremely irritating. The thing of the matter is though, that if you are in the public eye, the behavior that you chose to use to show your rainbow pride should probably be a little more public appropriate.

It's great that he is comfortable with his sexuality and wants other people to know it, but here's the thing... He is a public figure and should be setting an example for the gay community. In my opinion his little on stage PDA only set back all of the battles that gays are fighting right now. How does he expect the public to become more acclimated to the homosexual life style, and more willing to allow them the rights that they should be given when he's making offensive displays on family television programs?

I just really think that he before he decided to display his sexual preferences all over the AMA stage, he should have thought of the effect that it would have on the public, and the fact that it may or may not just give fuel to the prejudiced assholes that are trying to take rights away from homosexuals left and right, which it very well might.


Also, good luck getting any more performances lined up, dude, I'm sure that no one is going to want him to perform, not knowing if he's going to get all "caught up in the moment".

No comments:

Post a Comment